Skip to main content

Where I'm From: Rurriquog

I am from nuts and bolts,
From rocket fuel and air canisters
I am from the verdant surface and vast lakes of Rurriquog,
The sun-bleached rocks, the misty cloud forests, and the barren, expansive deserts
I am from the tangled roots of invading trees
Their long, powerful arms encroaching upon my alien world
I’m from the vibrant tapestries of the Rurriquogians, and their idyllic temples
From Commander Uskari, and King Matareiri
I’m from huts and palaces, suspended miles above the cloudy jungle.
From the stories of Kiray the knight, and his many adventures
I’m from tall peaks and forests, obscured by the cool, refreshing mist
And my trustworthy spacecraft, worn by years of rain and wind
I am from galaxies strewn with streaks of stars and planets
From frozen mountains and scorching plains,
And the cacophonous sound of great cities, illuminated by warm, golden light
I’m from the hunter’s spear, rusted and coated with the blood of beasts

I am from the planet Rurriquog, its mystery and its beauty

Comments